Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Tasty Tuesday: Skillet Lasagna

 
 
I'm a lasagna nut; it's been one of my favorite foods since I was a little girl.  But a real lasagna takes so much time and effort to make!  I found a recipe for skillet lasagna and made it for the first time last night.  It was delish!  I modified the original recipe slightly, since cottage cheese scares me, so the recipe below is my slightly modified and oh-so-yummy version!

Ingredients:
  • 1 lb lean ground beef 
  • 1 small onion (chopped) 
  • 3 Cloves Garlic (minced) 
  • 1 can diced tomatoes (undrained) 
  • 1-1/4 cup water 
  • 1 cup tomato sauce 
  • 1 tbsp dried parsley flakes 
  • 1 tsp dried basil leaves 
  • 1 tsp dried oregano leaves 
  • 1 tsp salt 
  • 2-1/2 cup noodles (you can either break up lasagna noodles, or use penne like I did)
  • 1 cup skim ricotta cheese
  • 1/4 cup fat free grated Parmesan cheese 
  • Dash Basil and Pepper (optional) 
  • 1 egg 
  • Shredded fat free mozzarella cheese for garnish
Directions:
In a large skillet, brown beef with onions and garlic. Drain.  Add tomatoes, water, tomato sauce, parsley, basil, oregano, and salt.  Stir in uncooked pasta.  Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.  Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until pasta is tender.

Combine ricotta and Parmesan cheeses in a bowl.  Mix in the egg.  Sprinkle in basil and pepper to taste.

Drop cheese mixture by rounded tablespoons onto pasta mixture.  Cover and cook for 5 minutes more.  Sprinkle with shredded mozzarella and serve.

Number of Servings: 6

Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. this looks so tasty and easy! lasagna is my favorite food, especially my mom's :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, i love your blog so i just gave you the "versatile blogger award" so feel free to participate...

    http://minetolivewithfaithhopeloveandcoffee.blogspot.com/2011/10/wow-and-what.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man this looks so good. i may have to try it!

    ReplyDelete