- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 3 Cloves Garlic (minced)
- 1 can diced tomatoes (undrained)
- 1-1/4 cup water
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp dried parsley flakes
- 1 tsp dried basil leaves
- 1 tsp dried oregano leaves
- 1 tsp salt
- 2-1/2 cup noodles (you can either break up lasagna noodles, or use penne like I did)
- 1 cup skim ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup fat free grated Parmesan cheese
- Dash Basil and Pepper (optional)
- 1 egg
- Shredded fat free mozzarella cheese for garnish
In a large skillet, brown beef with onions and garlic. Drain. Add tomatoes, water, tomato sauce, parsley, basil, oregano, and salt. Stir in uncooked pasta. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until pasta is tender.
Combine ricotta and Parmesan cheeses in a bowl. Mix in the egg. Sprinkle in basil and pepper to taste.
Drop cheese mixture by rounded tablespoons onto pasta mixture. Cover and cook for 5 minutes more. Sprinkle with shredded mozzarella and serve.
Number of Servings: 6