Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Bedroom Lust

I really want to make a few updates to my bedroom.  Nothing major (reminder...I live in an apartment so I can't do anything drastic...like paint), but I'd love to get a new duvet set and a new fluffy down comforter to snuggle up in this winter.  My down comforter is probably about ten years old and at this point, it barely has any fluff left in it.

The main color scheme in my bedroom is green, and I want to do something that will work with the green so that I don't have to change out my curtains, accent pieces, etc.  My current duvet cover is green, but I'm considering a change to brown, with cream, brown and green accent pillows.  Any thoughts on brown?

I love love love this look (bedding by Restoration Hardware) - even though it's not really green - and it's even on sale right now for a somewhat more manageable price, but...:




I already have a cream bed skirt and matching Euro shams that I'd like to keep, and the bedding above has white in it, not cream (as does most two-tone bedding). I think I'm going to have to go with a solid color if I want to keep the bed skirt and shams that I have now.

I also am loving this lamp for the bedside table:



Crystal lamps with white shades seems so fresh, light and airy to me.  Me want.  Even though I guess the white shade wouldn't really match my bedskirt and shams, either...

What about you?  Anything you're looking to spruce up at home right now?

No comments:

Post a Comment