1. Read at least 2 books per monthThis is a lofty one. I'm a fast reader, but most nights when I hetad to bed, I just turn out the lights. I want to make it a point to read before going to sleep more often.
2. Find a church and attend regularlyThis has been something I've wanted to do for awhile now. I grew up going to church with my family, but when I went away for college, I stopped going except for when I was home from school. And now I've been out of school for almost four years and I still haven't made the effort to find a church where I now live. I miss it and have decided it's time to make the effort to make this a priority in my life.
3. Get involved in 2-3 new activities / groups, etc. where I can meet new peopleWhile I have a FANTASTIC group of friends whom I love dearly, I want as many opportunities as possible to meet new people and expand my connections.
4. Learn to sewSo domestic, I know. I actually asked Santa for a sewing machine for Christmas, so now I want to know how to use it! I want to be able to do basic clothes repairs, and also be able to sew cute crafty things...pillows, etc.
1. Lose 10-15 poundsI had a goal in 2009 to lose 20 pounds. At my lowest point, I got 15 down. I've gained some back (sigh), especially over the holidays (in fact, I'm too scared to get on the scale right now...I'm waiting until Monday morning for that!), so I think I kept off about seven pounds. I have a goal weight in mind, and depending on Monday's weigh-in (which is going to be my weekly weigh-in day), I'll need to lose 10-15 pounds to meet my goal. The next three goals play into this one.
2. Bring lunch from home at least 4x per weekSaves money and is much healthier than eating out...
3. Cook dinner at home at least 4x per weekSame concept as above. (Boxed mac n' cheese does NOT count!)
4. Exercise at least 5x per weekI really need to get back on the ball in this department. Even though I managed to get through a 1/2 marathon three weeks ago, I have barely been exercising the past couple of months. And it's starting to show...
Lastly, as it's own category...
Keep up with my blog!I've enjoyed starting a blog and have "met" some great people in the blog world. I slacked a bit in December, and I miss it! I want to regularly update my blog - it's an outlet for me, and just plain fun!
So there you have it...this is what I'm going to be working on in the coming year!
What goals do you have for 2010?