Sunday, January 31, 2010

February is the new January

Ok...where the HECK did January go?  I am absolutely flabbergasted that the month of January is over.  Really...how did that go by so fast??

I obviously have not been holding up my resolution goal of blogging regularly, seeing as my last post was on January 5th.  Shame on me.  What about my other goals?

Read at least 2 books per month - this definitely did not happen.  Still slogging through Julie and Julia.  It's a book that's easy to read in "pieces", so you can put it down for a week and not be on the edge of your seat wondering what happens next.  Which means I'm less motivated to read it than something with a more gripping story line.  That's my excuse, as least.

Find a church and attend regularly - I'm happy to report that I've been doing this.  I went to church 3 of 5 Sundays in January - I planned to go today, but had to skip because of the snow storm that blazed through NC this weekend - services were canceled and the roads were not pretty.

Get involved in new activities where I can meet new people - haven't done this yet.  Ditto for sewing, although I did get my new machine out of the box yesterday and played with a little.  Do I get half a point for trying?

To make things easy, I'll just lump all of my "health" related goals together....because NONE of them have happened yet.  None of them.  At all.  Not even bringing my lunch to work, and that should be an easy one.  Sigh. 

So...February is the new January.  Tomorrow is February 1st, and it's time for me to turn up the heat on these babies.  FOR REAL.

Get ready, because I am coming out of hibernation!

No comments:

Post a Comment