Thursday, November 5, 2009

New Job!

Well, this week has kind of gotten away from me.  I think I'm going to forego the Halloween recap because, well, Halloween has passed us by.  (The word "forego" makes me think of The Bachelor every time I use it...you know, forego the individual rooms and stay in the fantasy suite...)  But it was fun, my party was good, and my DIY decorations were super cute!  I will post one pic of the jack-o-lantern jars I made using this tutorial:




Cute, right!

SO!  The past week has been a bit of a whirlwind.  I've been on the job hunt for awhile now, but I will admit, until the past couple of months, it was a sort of half-&*$ search.  I finally reached a point where it really was just time to move on.  Without going into details, my current company has had some struggles in the past year due to the economy, and morale is really at a low.  Combined with the fact that I've essentially maxed out in terms of growth at my current company, it's just time to move on.  So I kicked it up in the past couple months, polished up my resume, and stalked Indeed.com.  I actually got two offers in the past month, and accepted one of them last week.  I put in my two weeks notice last Friday!  Yowza!

My last day at my current job will be a week from tomorrow.  There is SO much to do before I leave...I have to get all of my work transitioned to the people who will be taking it over, and there are a lot of things that I've had on the back burner for awhile that I really should tie up before I go.  Ugh, the pains of having a conscience.  Some people would just leave a lot of loose ends, but not me.  I want things to be in order before I leave.  So needless to say, this week has been a busy one, and next week will probably be even busier.

I'm excited but nervous about my new position.  It's in the same industry (pharmaceutical research), but it's a big step up in terms of responsibilities.  I am going to be a Project Manager for a company that has several different technolgies that are used to collect data in clinical trials.  I'll spare you the details!  I'm excited because I'm going to be the one in charge of everything on my projects, which is great but scary too, because I have to make all the decisions - people will be coming to me for everything, and I can't pawn off the tough stuff on anyone else like I can in my current position!!  I know I'll be fine, but anything new is a bit unnerving.  I'll also get to do some traveling (including international), which is exciting for me.  If I'm ever going to be able to travel, it's now, before I have a family, etc.  And why not see the world on someone else's dime??

I start on Monday, November 16th, so I will definitley be posting updates as I get rolling!

Oh, and major sad part of this - right now, I have my own big office with a window (I know, who gets that when they're 25?) which I love, and I'm going to be moving into cube land.  UGH.  It's going to take some getting used to, that's for sure.

And, is it bad that one of my biggest fears is that Gmail will be blocked at my new company and I can't Gchat during the day?  Pathetic, I know.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on the new job! That's so exciting! Good for you for taking the leap to find a new position where you can move up. It's wonderful that you will be able to TRAVEL!!! Yay!!!

    ReplyDelete