Thursday, April 28, 2011

(Fern)tastic

Since the day I moved in, my mom has been eyeing the fake hanging plants on my front porch that the old owners didn't take with them (I wonder why?)  Quite honestly, while I did agree that they were rather ugly and also hung way too high, it didn't bother me all that much.  I mean...I've lived here almost four months and just now have gotten around to taking them down and replacing them with something a bit more aesthetically pleasing.

I scooted over to Lowe's today at lunch and picked up a couple of Boston Ferns for $9.97 a pop.  I spy a curious kitty inspecting the new greens...


I did a quick dismantle of the old baskets and chucked the fakes in the trash.  Thankfully, the hooks already installed were heavy-duty enough to hold my ferns, so that made things easy.  I did take off the S-hook and chains from the old hanging baskets to use to attach to hooks on my plants, which makes them hang at an appropriate length.  I hung them up, did a little trimming and fluffing, and I was done! 

Before:


After:  


Before:



After:




Mom will be happy!

1 comment: