Friday, March 5, 2010

A Day In The Life


I'm participating today in Show Us Your Life over at Kelly's Korner today. Today's theme is "What is your typical day like?" So, here's my typical day (sadly, not too exciting!):

7:15am - Wake up, beautify myself (sometimes this includes a shower, but in full disclosure...sometimes it does not!).  Before I leave for work, I have to feed my 2 kitties, who will cry until they are fed!  Ever since Jackson had "problems" back in November, I've had to feed them wet food, which is so much more of a pain than dry food (and so much more gross).

8:15am - Head out the door to work, which is about 15 minutes from where I live.  Very little traffic because I'm heading the opposite direction of most commuters, so that's nice!

8:30 - Get into work, check my e-mail. I'm not a big breakfast person, so I usually try to bring something in to eat while I'm at work, like some dry cereal and fruit, or something like that.

8:30 to 11:30 - Work, work, work! I'm a Project Manager for a computer software company that develops systems used to manage data in clinical trials.  Sounds boring, I know, but it's actually pretty interesting!   I snuck a pic of my cube today with the camera on my phone when no one was around (sorry for the poor quality).  My co-workers hate the overhead lights, so we keep most of them off, which makes it a bit dark...I do have a lamp and a light under the shelf (and there's windows all around), but it's still a bit dark for my tastes!  Part of the picture got cut off, you can't see my laptop docked on the left-hand side of the picture, and there are a bunch of binders on the shelf you see on the right-hand side of the picture.  I had to be quick and sneaky taking this so someone didn't happen upon me and think I was a total loser for taking a picture of my cubicle, ha!  (It's not exactly something I think I'll remember fondly 20 years from now!)


11:30 - 12:30 - Lots of days (like today!) I go out to lunch with friends - I have lots of friends who work within 10 minutes of me, so it's easy for us to meet up for lunch.  I am trying to be better about bringing lunch though, since it's cheaper and healthier.  Just not as fun :)

12:30 to 4:30 / 5:00 - Work, work, work!  I usually leave around 4:30 or 4:45, which is nice - my job is pretty flexible with hours, and since I have a work laptop, I can always do stuff from home if I really need to.

My after-work routine varies.  On Thursday nights, my girlfriends and I all get together and do something - whether it is going out to dinner, or for drinks, or just hanging out and watching TV and chatting at someone's house.  If I don't have anything going on after work, I usually come home, pull dinner together, then spend the evening catching up on blogs, surfing Craigslist for furniture to re-do, and watching TV!  And, if I'm really being good, I sneak in a workout before dinner.  Sadly, that hasn't been happening recently (I've been so bad, ugh).

I usually go to bed between 10:30 and 11 - I always try to read my daily devotional before going to sleep - it's a good way to wind down the day.

So, that's it!  My typical day...not all that exciting, but it's a good life :)

If you're stopping by from Kelly's Korner, welcome! I'd love to have you as a follower!





PS - I took another little blog hiatus in the last 2 weeks of February, but my entry count for February was over twice what it was in January! Here's to March being twice February's count!

1 comment:

  1. Your typical day sounds like fun, especially the lunch with friends part!

    ReplyDelete