Monday, March 8, 2010

Scrap Exchange

Over the weekend, I went to the coolest store, the Scrap Exchange.  I'd heard about the Scrap Exchange and had been meaning to take a trip downtown to see what it's all about for awhile, and on Sunday I finally did.  LOVE IT!


The Scrap Exchange is a store that collects donations of all kinds of materials - everything from fabric remnants to glass vials to bottle caps - and sells them (for super cheap)...there is some awesome stuff there for those with a crafty bone!

Here's my haul (close-ups below):

 

  
Burt's Bees Baby Bee bottles ($1.25 each) - how cute would these be filled with pretty colored liquid soaps / body wash in the bathroom?  I need to find some sort of lid / stopper for them if I do this.

  
Ribbons for wrapping (the blue and the bottom tan are raffia) - $1.00 each

  
An "M" that was $1.00 (actually, I think it's a W...) - I figure I can paint and distress it, or Mod-Podge it to make it cute (my last name starts with an M)

  
These are wallpaper remnants - same pattern, one is light blue, one is tan.  Only $0.50 each!  I thought these would be pretty in black frames (maybe in a bathroom in my HOUSE??)

  
Mini chalkboards ($0.75 each) - not sure what I'm going to do with these, but I've seen so many cute chalkboard ideas on blogs that I'm sure I can find something to do with them!  Definitely will need to paint the frames.

What a cool store - I can't wait to go back!

5 comments:

  1. that looks like some pretty cool stuff

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the great blog on The Scrap Exchange! We are always happy to hear comments from our customers. Send us some pics when you create something cool with your Scrap stuff.
    Ruth at The Scrap Exchange

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like an awesome store. Wish we had one like that around here! Do post pics of your creations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for such a great blog post about the Scrap Exchange - I am on their board and love to hear what customers have to say. I too bought some of the little chalkboards - love them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those little chalk boards and those bottles! Cute!

    ReplyDelete